What I’m Doing *Now*
- Making connections for new short film-making projects (particularly music related).
- Industry research and brand development for a new “joint” business venture in the health/product innovation space.
Continually Inspired By…
- Seth Godin – author and marketing savant.
- Austin Kleon – author of a few great books (the “Steal Like An Artist” series) as well as frequently inspiring emails and blog posts on sharing creative work.
- Casey Neistat – film-maker and prolific vlogger. How does he do it? Here’s how.
- Chase Jarvis – photographer who also runs CreativeLive.
- James Victore – designer who has an opinion and isn’t afraid to share it.
- Derek Sivers – creator of CD Baby (sold for millions, almost all proceeds donated to charitable causes). Derek has done a handful of brilliant short TED talks (start with this one) and a number of interviews. I recommend the 2-parter he did with Tim Ferriss: Derek Sivers on Developing Confidence, Finding Happiness, and Saying “No” to Millions and/or the shorter Derek Sivers Reloaded.
- Apple-centric tech news and thoughtful opinions: Jon Gruber, Casey Liss, Jason Snell, Federico Viticci, Jim Dalrymple.
- The Great Discontent which regularly publishes insightful interviews with amazing people.
About this /now page
Thanks to Derek Sivers for the idea: http://sivers.org/now
Making your own /now page is a helpful way to focus on, and refine, aspects of ongoing self-improvement. In the past, I’ve found yearly goals can feel daunting, whilst daily (and sometimes even weekly) goals can feel insignificant. This ties in with something ‘famously’ said by Bill Gates: “Most people overestimate what they can do in one year and underestimate what they can do in ten years.” Focusing on a small number of important goals on a monthly basis feels practical and achievable… and over the course of a year, they will hopefully add up to more than the sum of their parts.